Director of Account Management
This newly created position is a key component to ensuring that client requirements and expectations are not only met but also exceeded. Our client is seeking an individual with the drive to innovate and lead a team of Account Managers working both at the headquarters located in Southeast Michigan and in the field at client locations. The selected Director of Account Management will not only be responsible for creating the standards for customer service, but also implementing, training, motivating and monitoring in the field. In this position customer service will be key.
Dedicated to creating customized logistics solutions for their clients, this team of highly trained industry veterans devises and implements practical, workable solutions for their clients. They also constantly monitor the success of these solutions in the field while keeping an eye toward continuous improvement.
They are committed to the highest level of business ethics and integrity, which has earned them a reputation for achieving the longest customer retention rate in the industry. Their stated goal of becoming a most trusted partner is realized through focusing consistent effort that generates bottom-line savings for their clients’ companies.
- Great Communicator
- Motivating Leader
- High Integrity
- Creative Problem Solver
- Team Player
- Relationship Management
- Strategic Thinker
- Results Driven
- Develop customer service standards, policies and procedures for the organization and department.
- Supervise customer service teams and constantly work to improve on services provided and results achieved.
- Manage, coach and motivate departmental employees to deliver excellent customer service that exceeds customer expectations.
- Participate in staff appraisals and recruitment process.
- Analyze data or statistics to identify areas where higher customer service standards can be achieved.
- Build customer relationships and help to identify their shipping needs.
- Develop new customers and business through the use of referrals and sales leads.
- Constantly seek out cost effective solutions to meet and exceed the service requirements of our customers.
- Establish and maintain carrier relationships to exceed customer’s shipping requirements.
- Work interactively within a Customer Service Team to maximize overall performance.
- Investigate and solve customer’s long-standing or complex problems passed on by the Account Managers.
- Communicate diplomatically with customers via email, letter, face to face, and telephone.
- Resolve customer complaints or major incidents.
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Business or related field of study.
- Proven track record of driving results in the Logistics Industry.
- Politeness, confidence, tact, patience, politeness, and diplomacy while dealing with complex problems.
- Strong desire to serve customers well. Demonstration of Above and Beyond Customer Service.
- Motivational, listening, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be flexible.
- Ability to produce creative ideas to ameliorate customer service standards.
- Should be able to ameliorate customer service skills.
- Ability to lead and supervise teams and work under tight deadlines.
- Proven success in developing carrier relationships.
- Knowledge of truckload pricing models and current market pricing.
- A positive, motivated, can-do attitude.
- Strong negotiating and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellent time management, organizational, and multi-tasking skills.
To apply send your resume to email@example.com
and include “Director of Account Management’ in the subject line.